Lend Me a Tenor
Playwright by: Ken Ludwig
Directed By: Nino Casisi
Audition Dates: Sept. 10th & 11th @ 7pm
Performance Dates: Oct. 26th & 27th, Nov. 2nd & 3rd @ 7:30pm &
Oct. 28th & Nov. 4th @ 2pm
at the Old Hollywood Theater 500 Delaware St. Leavenworth, KS
- Henry Saunders – The Cleveland Grand Opera's general manager. Father to Maggie. A blowhard who often loses his temper at the slightest mishap.
- Max – Saunders' long-suffering assistant, who is forced to take Tito's place in the role of Othello.
- Maggie Saunders – Saunders' daughter, and Max's girlfriend. She has a great admiration for Tito.
- Tito Merelli – The world's most renowned opera tenor, and notorious ladies man.
- Maria – Tito's long-suffering wife, with an "Italian temper". Leaves Tito early in the play, but ultimately returns to him. Loves Tito, despite his philandering.
- Diana- The opera's ingenue soprano, who is "flinging her way" to the top. A seductive woman (and she knows it).
- Julia – Chairwoman of the Cleveland Opera Guild, who considers herself a "grande dame." She wears a silver dress which, Saunders says, makes her look "like the Chrysler Building."
- The Bellhop- A comic relief character who has an ongoing feud with Saunders. An obnoxious opera fan, the Bellhop keeps showing up at the hotel suite at the wrong moment, trying to get an autograph and a photo of Tito Merelli. Saunders ends up chasing the Bellhop around the hotel suite, and trying to strangle him.